You have asked about this trust,
And If I could just give it to you.
Never having done it before,
I never really knew what to do.
You listed way too many reasons,
But, only one was enough.
I let you break in to my soul,
You were gentle and not too rough.
You made sure that I was okay,
Before you switched on the light.
I was living in the dark for so long,
I didn't know wrong from right.
Every day was much harder,
But I got used to living down.
You came and picked me up,
And turned this life around.
But your thoughts - you shared,
With a more-so beautiful girl.
I wondered if you shared words,
Did you say she was your world?
Because you told me more than once,
It seems you needed better than oneself.
You asked why I can't rely on anyone,
But I guess, you answered that yourself.
When someone comes to accompany me,
I've always known not to let them in.
Because I end up shattered on the floor,
And the other person will always win.
So, If you ask me if I'm lonely,
Just make sure that you choose.
And question yourself a few times,
So you know what you might lose.
Thanks for treating me the same,
As you treated your special lover.
I felt like what it was like to be adored,
But I guess, I'll always be some other.
Yet, you showed me how to love,
And just one person is at the start.
But for me; I'll always fall for someone,
That will end up breaking my heart.
And If I could just give it to you.
Never having done it before,
I never really knew what to do.
You listed way too many reasons,
But, only one was enough.
I let you break in to my soul,
You were gentle and not too rough.
You made sure that I was okay,
Before you switched on the light.
I was living in the dark for so long,
I didn't know wrong from right.
Every day was much harder,
But I got used to living down.
You came and picked me up,
And turned this life around.
But your thoughts - you shared,
With a more-so beautiful girl.
I wondered if you shared words,
Did you say she was your world?
Because you told me more than once,
It seems you needed better than oneself.
You asked why I can't rely on anyone,
But I guess, you answered that yourself.
When someone comes to accompany me,
I've always known not to let them in.
Because I end up shattered on the floor,
And the other person will always win.
So, If you ask me if I'm lonely,
Just make sure that you choose.
And question yourself a few times,
So you know what you might lose.
Thanks for treating me the same,
As you treated your special lover.
I felt like what it was like to be adored,
But I guess, I'll always be some other.
Yet, you showed me how to love,
And just one person is at the start.
But for me; I'll always fall for someone,
That will end up breaking my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment