Thursday, November 11

When irises die..

When irises die..
And all my tears run dry..
Your voice echoes in my mind..
Begging me to try..
But Why? How can I?
You're gone!
I cant feel your presence any more..
I keep waiting behind the door,
Yearning for the sound of your breath on the other side..
Longing for a glimpse of my blue sky. 
Now I'm forever cold.. laying there on the cement floor.. 
The fire that once burned is now struggling with what's left..
I can see the green flames dancing their last waltz. 
Fading into the endless night..
And as the last petal of my iris falls down, 
A smile drifts upon my face.
I understand now..
I too shall fade .. 
Its aroma takes me there..up there where the stars shimmer and shine.
You hold my hand and I shiver..
That warmth .. that fire..
I'm revived .. I'm alive!!
My angel.. My heaven!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment