Monday, November 1

If I Opened Up My Heart To You

I suppose you can say I lied, when I said I didn't care.
I guess when I wrote you off, that I wasn't being fair.
Well I was in over my head and taking it out on you,
I was losing something precious, I guess you were too.
I suppose you can blame me for my own unhappiness.
I guess that in the end I brought upon myself this mess.
Well I'm not sorry for the way I acted; just a little bit;
Okay, fine, maybe I'm sitting here regretting all of it,
But that doesn't mean that you'll ever get an apology.
At least not until the bitterness has nearly killed me.

I'm not sorry for the way I acted, that's just how I am.
I grew up learning how to properly not give a damn.
I'm just sorry that you loved me and I deceived you.
I never thought that you would think I loved you too.
I suppose that you could say that I over-analyzed it all.
You always said my critical thinking would be my fall.
I put words into places that they should never ever be,
And made something out of nothing, condemning me.
I broke your heart the hardest, never second guessed,
I just let you down so easily, but you know that best.

Now I can't help but wonder if I did something wrong.
Was I lying to myself and I just dragged you along?
I said I didn't love you, a heart like mine just can't feel,
But now I'm wondering if those words were ever real.
One day you gave up on me, and I understand why.
Now all I can ever think about is how I let you slip by.
All I had to do was look inside, at the feelings I ignore,
And I could have stopped you from walking out my door.
It kills me inside, now I know better but you're through.
I could have saved us, only if I opened my heart to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment